Provide your feedback
on the Draft Plan ⇣ Provide Feedback
Jonesport adopted its Comprehensive Plan in 2009 and started updating it in late 2021 with the latest census data, digital mapping, community facts, figures, and trends. Local funds were raised for the Plan, and Jonesport received additional support from the Maine Department of Transportation, University of Maine GIS Lab, and Sunrise County Economic Council.
The Plan aims to guide future community actions, including decisions on land development proposals, public fund expenditure, tax incentives, and cooperative efforts. It also addresses concerns such as farmland preservation and rehabilitation of older neighborhoods. Most plans provide direction for activities over a 10- to 20-year period, but they should be reviewed every five years. If significant changes occur or projections go off course, the Plan may require updating.
View or download the complete Comprehensive Plan or specific sections by using the links below. Printed copies are available for viewing at the Jonesport Town Office and Peabody Memorial Library.
- Comprehensive Plan FULL Document (File size: 55.59 MB)
The link above will download the Plan as a complete package, but the file size of this document might be too large for downloading on certain mobile networks. To avoid issues, we have provided individual downloads for each of the Plan sections, which are listed below.
Cover & Table of Contents
- Chapter A - Community Vision and Executive Summary
- Chapter B - Community Survey
- Chapter C - Historic and Archeological Resources
- Chapter D - Population & Demographics
- Chapter E - Employment and Economy
- Chapter F - Public Facilities and Services
- Chapter G - Transportation
- Chapter H - Recreation, Scenic Resources, and Open Space
- Chapter I - Fiscal Capacity and Capitol Improvement
- Chapter J - Regional Coordination
- Chapter K - Natural Resources
- Chapter L - Land Use and Development
- Jonesport Reference
- Jonesport Proposed Future Land Use
- Jonesport Land Cover - Peninsula
- Jonesport Land Cover - Islands
- Jonesport Drainage Soils
- Jonesport Farming Soils
- Jonesport Marine Resources
- Jonesport Critical Habitat
- Jonesport Transportation
- Jonesport Public Facilities & Recreation
- Jonesport Development Suitability Analysis
- Jonesport Sea Level Rise Scenario - Downtown
- Jonesport Sea Level Rise Scenario - Peninsula
You may submit your comments online using the form below, in person at the town office, or at Peabody Memorial Library on May 31, 2023 at 3:00 PM.